Friday, June 18, 2004

Nelspruit, South Africa

Yesterday we went to Nelspruit, South Africa. The drive was really pretty and just what I needed. There were lots of hills/mountains, greener fields, orange trees and poinsettia trees, and palm trees too. And the town had broad but curvy and hilly streets; it was really nice. But to get through the border took way longer than we expected, and then we had stuff we had to do, so by the time we had to go back we really were only able to do a few things of business, not nearly what we had on our list, and nothing of personal stuff. So it was bittersweet, because I had such a list-- warm clothes, blanket, mocha (I found a place!), and really I just wanted some leisurely shopping time. Originally we had asked (and been approved) to take an overnight on our own dime, and I was so excited about that. But then our trip was moved up in order to get a winch on the truck in time for someone to take it to the field, and an overnight wasn't really possible. Though with all that happened, I thought we might have to take an overnight anyway. And putting on the winch didn't work out after all. But the weird thing was that as the day got worse in terms of circumstances, it also got better because I threw more and more of my expectations out the window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home