Sunday, April 25, 2004

Arrived in Mozambique

My Portuguese prof wrote back and so I wrote him this-- I think I'll keep writing him, just for the forced grammar practice. It took a long time to write this, but today at least, I don't have a lot else to do. And what the heck, I'll translate it for you too! :-)

Bom dia! Good day! Agora estou aquí em Maputo. Now I am here in Maputo. Vou estar aquí no escritório/casa por umas semanas. I am going to be here in the office/house for a few weeks. Eu chegei ontem. I arrived yesterday. Minha bagagem era tarde, mas está aquí agora, felizmente. My baggage was late, but it is here now, fortunately. Falei com o homem que me ajudou com a bagagem (which turned out to be só minha mochila) e era fácil. I talked with the man that helped me with the baggage and it was easy. Isso era uma surpresa. Mas não sei se ele tem duas mulheres e cuatro filhos, ou se dois dos filhos têm as mulheres! But I don't know if he has two wives and four sons, or if two of his sons have the wives! Quero falar com o guarda com frecüencia- ele é uma audiência cativa. I want to talk with the guard frequently- he is a captive audience.

Na quarta-feira eu e os outros americanos irão à Africa do Sul para os vistos. On Wednesday I and the other Americans will go to S.Africa for visas.

O tempo é bem. The weather is nice. E quase inverno, assim não muito quente nem úmido. It is almost winter, so not very hot nor humid. Mas é ainda pegajoso. But it is still sticky.
Tchau,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home